Monday, May 21, 2007

Chicago Gnome Users Unite

I have been currently in the planning process for the first meeting of the Chicago Gnome User Group. I have decided to have our meeting be on June 2nd at 3:00 pm. The location will be decided in the next week, I am having the meeting at the same venue as the Chicago GLUG meeting on that same day so I am waiting on that location to be decided upon. So far the agenda for the first meeting is going to have only one presentation, which will be an overview of my ideas for the group. One of my ideas is to have a 5 or 10 minute talking featuring a specific Gnome/GTK application. Another idea is having presentations about the Gnome Human Interface Guidelines and GTK to help introduce users to help contribute back to the communitity. I also want have bug squash days where we work together to try and fix as many bugs in a day as we can. If any of this sounds like fun or if you enjoy using Gnome stop by our meeting. We also have a brand new mailing list which can be found here. Any more information about our meeting will be sent out via the mailing list and it will be posted on this blog.

No comments: