Thursday, October 26, 2006

Ricer No More

First off I would like to apologize for the posting of previous post, I decided to try out the blogger beta. So, when I transferred my blog it reposted all of my previous posts.

This post may sound all to familiar to followers of the planet, since I am now the third person to drop Gentoo. Both Tristan and Jordan have posted their reasons for leaving. I am leaving Gentoo and going to Foresight Linux. I am not moving to a distro that is more "free" like Tristan and Jordan; instead I am moving to a distro that has all of the software and functionality I want out of the box. Another plus is not spending days to get my desktop setup just how I want with gnome and all the other programs that I use. The main reason I stayed with Gentoo for so long was that I wanted a distro that I could keep on the "bleeding edge" with gnome and the such. Since, Foresight's claim to fame is its bleeding edge gnome following, so this is the perfect distro for me. If you are interested in learning more about Foresight come to the next Chicago GLUG meeting on November 4th. I will be giving a presentation on rPath and Foresight.

Later all

1 comment:

Jordan Wilberding said...

Glad to see you saw the light as well Special Kevin.